Applications are available at the 9-1-1 Dispatch Center located inside the Littleton Police Headquarters or by clicking the link above.
|Classes of License||Fee|
|Class A License to Carry(Age 21-69)||$100.00 License is good for six years|
|Class A License to Carry(Age 70+)||$ FREE $(Renewal ONLY)|
|Class C Firearms Identification Card(Age 18+)||$100.00License is good for six years|
|Class C Firearms Identification Card(Age 15-18)||$25.00|
|Class D Firearms Identification Card(Age 15-18)||$25.00|
|Completed applications may be dropped off at the Littleton Police Department anytime of day along with a check made out to “Town of Littleton” for the applicable fee. Please note:
***ALL APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE***
** ATTENTION NEW LTC (Class A) APPLICANTS **
The following must also be attached to your application in order for it to be processed:
1) Be 21 years of age
2) Fill out and submit a completed Commonwealth of Massachusetts Application form
3) Submit a copy of their Basic Firearms Safety Course Completion Certificate
4) Include a check paid to the order of “Town of Littleton” for the application fee.
** ATTENTION NEW FID (Class C) APPLICANTS **
1) Be 18 years of age
2) Be 15 years of age with a letter granting permission for the application from a parent or legal guardian. Applications may be turned in prior to the applicants 15th birthday (age 14). However, issuance of the Firearms Identification Card will not occur until the applicant reaches 15 years of age.
3) Fill out and submit a completed Commonwealth of Massachusetts Application form.
4) Submit a copy of their Basic Firearms Safety Course Completion Certificate
5) Include a check paid to the “Town of Littleton” for the application fee
** ATTENTION NEW FID-RESTRICTED (Class D) APPLICANTS **
1) Be 15 years of age. Applications may be turned in prior to the applicant’s 15th birthday (age 14). However, issuance of the Firearms Identification Card-Restricted will not occur until the applicant reaches 15 years of age.
2) Fill out and submit a completed Commonwealth of Massachusetts Application form.
3) Include a check paid to the “Town of Littleton” for the application fee.
*PLEASE NOTE – A Firearms Identification Card-Restricted (Class D) is only needed for individuals under the age of 18 who wish to carry mace or pepper spray. Individuals over the age of 18 may purchase mace or pepper spray from any licensed ammunition dealer with proof of age.
** RENEWALS **
For a License to Carry (Class A) AND Firearms Identification Card (Class C) the applicant shall:
1) Fill out and submit a completed Commonwealth of Massachusetts Application form
2) Fill out and submit a completed Massachusetts License to Carry/Firearms Identification Affidavit
3) Include a check paid to the order of “Town of Litlteton” for the application fee
1. Where can I find information on the different types of licenses and gun laws?
Firearms Laws can be found on the Public Safety section of the Mass.gov website. (see link above)
2. What should I do if I move?
You will need to fill out a change of address form and mail a copy to the department from which your license was issued, the department of the town you are moving to and one to the Massachusetts Firearms Record Bureau (address is provided at the top of the form).
3. What are reasons my firearms license application could be denied?
An application can be denied for any of the following reasons:
- A) if applicant is under the age of fifteen (a person fifteen to eighteen years of age may apply for a Firearms Identification Card (FID) only);
- B) if applicant is between the age of fifteen to eighteen years of age and fails to present written consent from his/her parent or legal guardian (applies to applications for FID cards only);
- C) is under the age of twenty-one (applies to Class A Licenses to Carry);
- D) is an alien;
- E) does not reside or have a place of business within the Town of Littleton;
- F) has been convicted of a felony, or a misdemeanor punishable by more than two years imprisonment, a violent crime, or a weapons or drug offense;
- G) has been confined to a hospital or institution for mental illness and fails to present a written affidavit from a physician stating they are not disabled by such illness in a manner that prevents him/her from possessing a firearm;
- H) is or has been under treatment for, or confinement for, drug addiction or habitual drunkenness, unless deemed cured by a physician;
- I) is subject to an outstanding warrant;
- J) is subject to a suspension, surrender order, or protection order issued pursuant to M.G.L. c. 209A.
4. How will I know if my application has been denied?
You will be notified in writing as to the reason for license denial. Your application will then be marked denied, sent to the Mass State Police and the Firearms Record Bureau preventing you from applying in another jurisdiction.
** AFTER YOUR APPLICATION, FEE, AND APPROPRIATE PAPERWORK ARE SUBMITTED **
1) Once all necessary documents are received, your application will be processed and you will be notified of a time for you to come in for fingerprints and photos to be taken by the department.
2) Your complete application packet will then be sent to the State Firearms Bureau. They will review all required information and process your firearms license application accordingly. You will be notified in writing if your license is denied for any reason. If you are approved, you will be notified once your license is available to be picked up at the Littleton Police Headquarters.
** NOTE: Average waiting time for this part of the process can take anywhere from Six (6) to Twelve (12) weeks**
If you have further questions regarding firearms licensing, please feel free to contact one of the parties listed above.